Monday, August 24, 2009

Starting Fresh

Normally I would be starting my day with a cup of coffee (anyone who knows me knows I LOVE coffee!) and some sort of breakfast food (I'm not really a breakfast person, but i'm trying to change that!). But for today (and possibly tomorrow) I will be cleansing and fasting with a juice diet. After last week's diaster of "kid-friendly" camp foods (including deep-fried shrimp, potatoe patties, french fries and chicken), and foods with a lot of extra salt, my body came home bloated and unhappy! I had stomach aches after almost every meal and resorted to Pepsi to keep me going for the long 18 hour days.
This week, I am trying the Hollywood 48 hour Miracle Diet. I am not doing this because I think it will lead to permanent weight-loss, I know it won't. I don't really even care about what number I temporarily drop on the scales. I read some of the health benefits that include giving the body a break and "free time" to tackle some of the toxins that are built up in the body. After reading the symptoms of toxicity, I realize that I have many of them. I'm not sure if I can keep it up for the entire 48 hours, but I will certainly try. As a youth I often did the 30-Famine Fundraiser and didn't even allow myself juice, only water and tea. Of course, if I feel sick or something strange, I will most certainly eat something. I have fruit and soybeans ready in the fridge, just in case. I am interested to see if I will feel rejuvenated or just hungry, after this is finished on Thursday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment